Chloe

I'm Chloe.My Chinese name is Yuchung, Lin(林侑璁).I'm from Taiwan.I'm excited but nervous to study in UW.Nice to be your classmates *0*

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Exercise 1: To Develop A Feeling of "We-ness" !!

As a project manager, what is worth noticing is that I have to fully communicate with the team and know what is going in order to help each member of our team develop a feeling of “we-ness”. Because our team comes from all parts of the division, I have to break down the barriers of time and place so that employees can communicate from different divisions.


The virtual team could be more flexible and convenient to communicate anywhere and anytime via the Internet. Besides, because each member of our team is from a different branch, we can easily gather different ideas and more extremely improve our website or intranet. However, there are some drawbacks in the virtual team. For example, it's hard to manage team members' schedule and resources. Furthermore, there are potential communication problems, such as we may doubt if other members do their best in our mission, or we can’t completely express our opinion via a virtual community.


If I want to help our team develop the feeling of “we-ness”, I would like to do these below things. First of all, I would like to know everyone and ask them to introduce themselves, show their personal information to help them understand each other more. Next, I will assign different missions according to their professional specialty and interests. Also, I will apply some software that we could post and save our files and respective information together. Moreover, we need to have an online chat room to discuss some demands and share experiences or opinions in real time. Also, I would like to ask each member to use instant messenger, such as MSN or Skype and lead our team to meet when they need to discuss or in a regular time. Last but not the least, we must know everyone’s schedule and arrange the meeting time in the virtual community. It’s important to understand the entire process of our website redesign for each member. Each member needs to catch the latest news about our project on the go. That will support our team to perform well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home